Application for Admission
Admissions and competitive scholarship selection criteria
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences:
Applications for the Fall 2014 application cycle for GSBS may be submitted beginning September 1.
School of Medicine:
Application and admission information to the School of Medicine programs is available at SOM Admissions.
School of Nursing:
Applicants to the School of Nursing must apply through the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NCAS). http://www.nursingcas.org/ For detailed program and application information, please visit http://son.utmb.edu/studentaffairs/admissionsprocess.cfm.
School of Health Professions* and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences:
- Applicants to the School of Health Professions (except for the Physician Assistant Studies program)* and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences must apply via the UTMB Online Application.
Please note that included with your on-line application, you will be required to list the email address of each individual providing a reference on behalf of your admission to UTMB.Each individual listed will be sent an email message directing them to access an online form for them to complete. Please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contact list so that the message is not directed to their spam file. Once the online reference form is received by this office, it will be included with your application packet. Please be prepared to provide the email addresses of your references when you begin the application process. Your application will be considered incomplete and you will not be permitted to proceed past this section of your application if you do not submit a valid email address for each of your references.
Please note: Applicants should refer to the specific program information for possible additional reference requirements. In addition, please be aware that prior to the receipt of your online references, these items will be noted as an "initiated" checklist item. Once the online reference is submitted and received by this office, they will no longer be listed (indicating that this item is complete).
* Applicants to the Physician Assistant program apply through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). For more information about applying to UTMB's PA program, click here.
The online application is available at the UTMB Online Application site
- Program availability and application fee amounts for each school are available at UTMB on-Line Application site.
- You must submit official transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Services for the final processing of your application data. Please note that it is mandatory that official transcripts be sent electronically via SPEEDE or other electronic means if your school has this capability. For a listing of these participating schools, click here. If your institution does not send transcripts electronically, we will accept a hardcopy transcript as official if mailed by the institution directly to UTMB Office of Enrollment Services, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77555-1305.
- Application deadlines and application packet requirements are available on each of the School’s Websites.
- Applicants to Undergraduate programs in the School of Nursing and the School of Health Professions must be Texas Success Initiative (TSI) compliant prior to enrollment at UTMB. Questions regarding TSI may be directed to Enrollment Services.
- Applicants to Undergraduate programs in the School of Nursing and the School of Health Professions who have not satisfied CORE curriculum at another Texas educational institution, must satisfy UTMB CORE Curriculum requirements before a baccalaureate degree is conferred.
GRE Institution Codes
- Physician Assistant Studies only - 0437 (scores must be sent directly to CASPA)
- All other UTMB academic programs - 6887