Members of UTMB’s Employee Advisory Council recently toured CMC Pharmacy Services in Huntsville and visited the medical clinic staffed by UTMB medical personnel at the nearby Walls Unit, the oldest prison unit in Texas.
The Employee Advisory Council is a group of 12 elected employees representing four broad areas of UTMB. The EAC serves to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that is committed to assessing, prioritizing and communicating employee needs.
“UTMB has facilities all over Texas,’’ said Amineh Baradar, EAC Chair. “Many EAC members work in Galveston, so it’s great to have an opportunity to interact with employees at off-campus locations. As UTMB employee representatives, we are working to bridge geographical differences. It’s our job as a council to be sure every employee in every location has a voice.
“We learned a lot while visiting the CMC Pharmacy staff and the clinic staff at the Walls Unit. We were impressed with the amazing job they do to improve the health of the patients in UTMB’s care.’’
For more information about EAC, visit https://blog.utmb.edu/EAC/
A few pharmacy and CMC facts:
- CMC Pharmacy served 134 facilities and 160,000 patients in FY11
- Averages 19,600 orders a day
- CMC nursing staff administered 34,054,980 doses of medication in FY11
- CMC Telehealth visits FY11 - 87,000
- CMC patient encounters (annualized) FY12 - 4.1 Million
- CMC nurse encounters (annualized) FY12 - 2.3 million