If you are searching for an opportunity to make a difference in the life of a local high school student, please consider mentoring! We would like to encourage our fine UTMB staff to participate in the Mentoring Program at Galveston’s Ball High School by committing to one hour per week for one full semester. More than 125 students at Ball High School are at risk and would greatly benefit from strong adult mentors.
Students who are mentored:
· Have higher attendance records and stronger academic performance
· Are more likely to go on to higher education
· Respond more positively to their teachers and parents
· Are more comfortable communicating with their parents and society
· Have a greater feeling of self-worth
This is a great opportunity to work wonders within the community!