Noon, Wednesday, May 15
Levin Hall Main Auditorium
June 1 brings the start of hurricane season, and preparation is the key to successfully weathering any storm. Everyone is encouraged to attend this one-hour, concise overview of UTMB’s hurricane response plan. Learn more about how decisions are made when a storm enters the Gulf, the outlook for the 2013 season, your responsibilities as an individual student or employee, and how the university will communicate with you before, during and after a storm. You’ll also have time to ask questions of our Institutional Emergency Preparedness Officer, Human Resources, UTMB Police, Marketing and Communications, and others.
- An overview of our incident command structure, by Dr. Joan Richardson, Institutional Emergency Preparedness Officer
- A look ahead at the 2013 storm season
- Your role and responsibilities in an emergency
- Maintaining security in an emergency
- How UTMB will communicate with you in an emergency
Can't make the meeting? Below are alternate viewing options:
- This session will be broadcast live on campus TV Channel 53
- A video of the session will be posted on the Emergency Operations web site after the meeting.