Come to Levin Hall at noon on Thursday, Oct. 31, for the latest Town Hall meeting. UTMB President Dr. David Callender will talk about the future of academic medical centers in an ever-changing health care environment and the vision for UTMB’s future. He’ll outline strategic priorities and the role of every employee in fulfilling UTMB’s mission, in addition to providing a brief overview of You Count! Pulse Survey results.
We’ll also kick off the 2013 State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) with an agency fair in Levin Hall foyer from 11 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2 p.m. Agencies will have giveaways and take-home materials to help inform UTMB employees about different giving options. Popcorn, courtesy of the Employee Advisory Council (EAC), and other refreshments also will be available in the foyer after Town Hall.
Below are various ways to submit questions to Town Hall. If time constraints do not allow questions to be asked in person at the meeting, Dr. Callender will be available after Town Hall to answer questions in person. And we’ll post questions and answers to the Town Hall web site.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Click on the “Submit a Question” link on the Town Hall web site.
- Send a message via the Employee Advisory Council online form (option to remain anonymous).
- Send a confidential note via interoffice mail addressed to “Talk of the Town,” Route 0149. From off-campus: UTMB Talk of the Town, 301 University Blvd., Galveston, TX 77555-0149.
Town Hall viewing options:
- Town Hall will be broadcast live on campus TV Channel 53; a signal of the meeting is sent to many remote sites (such as RMCH telehealth locations) via the Information Services Video Operations network.
- A live webcast will be offered and will be available using Apple Quicktime stream - (*Note: Quicktime player is required.) Check this site approximately 30 minutes before the meeting for an active link to the webcast.
- CMC participants: View the meeting using an existing video conference room system (DMS). CMC areas wishing to use the DMS must RSVP with Veronica Pleasant at firstname.lastname@example.org or the ISVO Control Room 409-747-9037 to ensure and confirm video connectivity for the actual webcast.
- The Town Hall meeting and a brief video summary will be posted on this site approximately one day after the meeting.
For more information, contact Marketing and Communications at (409) 772-2618.