Current MD-PhD Student - Andrew T. Nelson
||Name: Andrew T. Nelson
Year in Program: MY2
Undergrad University: University of Louisiana-Lafayette
Graduate Program: Chemistry
Honors and Awards
- UTMB Hispanic Center of Excellence Rosetta Stone Award (2012)
- 1st Place, Springtime Chicken Family Band, UTMB’s Got Talent, Class of 2015 (2011)
- Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, University of Louisiana at Lafayette (2011)
- James R. Domengeaux Scholarship (Fall 2009-Summer 2010)
- Member, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (Inducted Spring 2008)
- Member, Blue Key National Honor Society (Inducted Spring 2007)
- The Diversity and Molecular Modeling Analysis of B12-dependent and B12-independent Glycerol Dehydratases, International Journal of Bioinformatics and Research Application, 6(5) 484-507, 2010.
None at this time
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I am a folk musician and play the guitar, fiddle, and piano. I enjoy French literature, Spanish Language Acquisition, cooking, and Ultimate.