Current MD-PhD Student - Kyle Wilson
||Name: Kyle Wilson
Year in Program: MY2
Undergrad University: Southern Nazarene University
Graduate Program: Microbiology and Immunology
Microbiology, molecular biology, glycobiology, cell signaling, human immunology and antigen presentation.
Honors and Awards
- President's Scholarship, Southern Nazarene University (2007-2011)
- Freshman Chemistry Student of the Year, Southern Nazarene University (2008)
- University Marshal, Southern Nazarene University (2009-2010)
- 2nd Place at 2010 South-Central Regional BBB Conference (Poster), Southern Nazarene University (2010)
- Gene Coburn Memorial Scholarship, Southern Nazarene University (2010)
- Hanke van der Wel, Jennifer M. Johnson, Yuechi Xu, Chamini V. Karunaratne, Kyle D. Wilson, Yusuf Vohra, Geert-Jan Boons, Carol M. Taylor, Brad Bendiak, Christopher M. West. (2011) Requirements for Skp1 Processing by Cytosolic Prolyl 4(trans)-Hydroxylase and α-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase Enzymes Involved in O2 Signaling in Dictyostelium. Biochemistry. 50, 1700-1713.
- Wilson, K.D. (2009), Site-directed Mutagenesis of Cysteines in Skp1 to Elucidate its Role in Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase-Dependent O2-Signaling in Dictyostelium. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Presented at OUHSC, SNU Research Symposium and 2010 BBB Regional Conference.
- Wilson, K.D. (2010), Neodymium Conjugation of HLA B*0702 for Use in Serum Antibody Identification and Quantitation. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Presented at OUHSC and 2011 BBB Regional Conference.
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I love outdoor activities, especially camping, hiking, mountain climbing, and skiing in the winter. I am also an avid runner and swimmer.