Texas AHEC Coordinators
Below you will find information necessary to recruit community teaching
physicians for the UTMB 3rd year Pediatric and Internal Medicine
clerkships and the 4th year Ambulatory Community Selective (ACS).
UTMB appreciates your efforts in recruiting and retaining preceptors who will
assist us in training our future physicians.
This page lists individual course schedules, syllabi, preceptor objectives,
contact information and other links for each community-based course.
Community Teaching Physicians Qualifications:
- MDs and DOs are eligible
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- Board Certified in their discipline
- No board orders listed on the Texas State Medical Board
- For the 4th year ACS, specialists are allowed to be a preceptor
Useful websites to
verify preceptor status during recruitment process:
- Verify active license to work in Texas
- Verify physicians are board certified
- How to find physicians in
UTMB Top Doc Award
UTMB will ask AHEC coordinators to
help nominate Community Teaching Physicians that have excelled in assisting UTMB
teach our future physicians. This link will tell you more about this
annual "Teacher of Distinction" award.
If you need to email a
UTMB student, you can find their email address using the
AHEC Coordinators - if
you have any questions about preceptor recruitment, please
contact Brian Sullivan.