The M. Gwendie Camp Award for Educational Scholarship is awarded annually to a School of Medicine faculty member who becomes active in educational scholarship early in their UTMB career. The award celebrates the legacy of Dr. Gwendie Camp, Director of the Office of Educational Development (1994-2001) and founder of the Scholars in Education Program.
The Awardee is recognized at the annual Faculty Awards event and receives a cash award for use in furthering his or her educational scholarship.
Nominees for the Award must be SOM faculty members who
- completed postgraduate training no more than 7 years ago
- have held a SOM faculty appointment for at least 3 years
- have demonstrated educational scholarship with subsequent peer-reviewed dissemination beyond UTMB. (Educational scholarship is defined to include either educational research or well-designed and evaluated educational innovations.)
Nominations are solicited in the fall for the following calendar year's award. The nomination packet must include
- the nominee's CV
- nominee's summary of how the award criteria are met
- letter of support from the nominee's Chair (or equivalent)
- copy/copies of the disseminated work as PDF documents.
A letter of support from a peer nominator is optional. Self-nominations are encouraged.
2012 - Carlos Clark, D.O., Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
2013 - Lindsay Sonstein, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine